Subject Topic: Cool site! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Rocka-t-t
Fan
Fan

Posted: August 26 2003 at 1:31pm | IP Logged Quote Rocka-t-t

Cool site, people!

I like your site a lot, and I hope that you keep working on it.  I have a couple of comments, though...

As a Linnell fan, I think you should have more pictures/drawings of Linnell available for the subscribers to the forum.  To keep it even with the Flansburgh pics.

I while I can understand using the screen names Flansburgh and Linnell is awfully cool, I think that it is somewhat confusing.  I think unless you have a good reason for using them (such as your name happens to be Flansburgh or Linnell), it would be less confusing if you came up with something new.

Great site!  I the graphics are cool, and I like your T-shirts a lot.  And, if you decide you don't like my advice, you are welcome to ignore it.   It's your site, after all!

Keep coding!

A lot of bands pride themselves on ending a song at the same time. We feel if you get there first, you've won. -Flans
Back to Top View Rocka-t-t's Profile Search for other posts by Rocka-t-t Visit Rocka-t-t's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

King Weed
Administrator
Administrator

Posted: August 27 2003 at 1:38am | IP Logged Quote King Weed

We *totally* want your advice! Keep it coming!

Concerning the pictures.... we don't really have any pictures on right now, Flans or Linnell.  We've got the image heading every page, which has one of each, and then there's one of Linnell, Miller, and Hickey elsewhere.  Anyhoo, we will someday have many, many more pictures, and we'll be sure to keep a balance between the two Johns!

Well, our reasons for taking the two most coveted names in TMBGdom was pure greed, plus ability.  We actually had discussed that we should not only use our own identies, but leave those names for the big buys themselves, should they ever decide to join our little community!  We should be so lucky!

While avid fans, people with excessive free time we are not.  Thanks for your comments and welcome to the site!

Back to Top View King Weed's Profile Search for other posts by King Weed Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

King Weed
Administrator
Administrator

Posted: August 27 2003 at 3:21am | IP Logged Quote King Weed

OK, I just realized that you're talking about the avatars with the Flans-heavy pictures.  OK, OK, I concede defeat.  We are just starting to put different avatar pics in the system, but remember you can always upload your own avatar!
Back to Top View King Weed's Profile Search for other posts by King Weed Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

The Unknowable
Administrator
Administrator

Posted: August 27 2003 at 10:53am | IP Logged Quote The Unknowable

Welcome Rocka-t-t
As one of the first people to join our site, we must shower you with praise and postings. As with Flans, I welcome your comments and will gladly put up some Linnell-friendly avatars for your enjoyment. I am curious on how you stumbled across our site? Were you at the Salt Lake Concert? Anyhow, feel free to check out the "New Member Birdhouse" topic and share with us a little bit about yourself, and your introduction to TMBG. Also you may  post your favorite breakfast cereal there too, If you are so inclined. Again, Welcome
Back to Top View The Unknowable's Profile Search for other posts by The Unknowable Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Rocka-t-t
Fan
Fan

Posted: August 28 2003 at 8:51am | IP Logged Quote Rocka-t-t

I ran across your site from tmbgnet.com.  Unfortunately, I wasn't at the Salt Lake City concert.  I've never been to a concert (yet) although I hope to go to the Naperville one this Saturday.  My favorite breakfast cereal is Cheerios.

A lot of bands pride themselves on ending a song at the same time. We feel if you get there first, you've won. -Flans
Back to Top View Rocka-t-t's Profile Search for other posts by Rocka-t-t Visit Rocka-t-t's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

King Weed
Administrator
Administrator

Posted: August 28 2003 at 12:19pm | IP Logged Quote King Weed

Naperville!? Cool, I have a good friend from Naperville.  She came out here to Utah for school.

Rocka-t-t
Fan
Fan

Posted: August 31 2003 at 6:54pm | IP Logged Quote Rocka-t-t

Hey,
I just got back from the Naperville concert a couple of hours ago, and I loved it! it was awesome ! But now I want to know how to make a new forum. How do I do that? And what are the different ranks (fan, administrator... etc)?

It was soo cool! I got my map signed by Flans and 3 of the Johns and Flans signed my hat. I really want an autograph from Linnell though. My first TMBG concert was awesome! yay!

Rocka-t-t
Fan
Fan

Posted: September 01 2003 at 11:00pm | IP Logged Quote Rocka-t-t

Correction-
I got my map signed by JF and 2 Dans, not Flans and 3 of the Johns

King Weed
Administrator
Administrator

Posted: September 03 2003 at 2:57am | IP Logged Quote King Weed

You can't create new forums, just new topics within existing forums.  The ranks are just a little feature that was built-in to this "discussion-board-in-a-box" that I got.  It's just a way to gauge how active a particular user is.  As you post more. you will move up in ranking.

Rocka-t-t
Fan
Fan

Posted: September 03 2003 at 8:45am | IP Logged Quote Rocka-t-t

Ah, okay.  That's cool.  Thanks!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version