TMBG.us - Discussion Forum : Clock Radio
Subject Topic: Clock Radio vs. Your Collection Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Mr. Ng
Fan
Fan

Posted: July 09 2005 at 2:30pm | IP Logged Quote Mr. Ng

Which do you prefer to listen to Clock Radio or your collection of TMBG MP3s?
Back to Top View Mr. Ng's Profile Search for other posts by Mr. Ng Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

King Weed
Administrator
Administrator

Posted: July 13 2005 at 5:52pm | IP Logged Quote King Weed

I used to listen to the Clock Radio constantly and extract all the mp3s from my Temporary Internet Files.  But you get to a point after ripping all your TMBG albums to MP3, getting the clock radio downloads, the theymightbegiants.com downloads, that it becomes too hard to manage it all.  I actually got burnt out and now I don't regularly listen to either one.  I must change this.

makebase
Raving Fan
Raving Fan

Posted: July 15 2005 at 11:31am | IP Logged Quote makebase

I have at times found my large collection of mp3s to be rather unwielding myself.  I have tried to reorganize the songs into a logical folder structure (LPs folder with subfolders for each album, EPs folder with subfolders for each single, et cetera).

Even this gets confusing when it comes to the download stuff, though.  I have a "Free mp3s for Life" folder for tmbg.com downloads, but they've been doing this for years and I can't remember the origin of some songs or which ones I may be missing.  I have one for the clock radio stuff, but a lot of what's on the clock radio is redundant and I have a hard time siftin' through it all.  (Get it?  "Siftin'"  Oh, never mind.)  Some of those demos are three drumbeats different from versions I had previously had.  What to do?

I won't even get into how all this file moving has messed up my long-established TMBG playlists.  Now, I typically throw in a CD while I'm making dinner or taking a shower or brushing my teeth or something and that's about it until I get my act together and organize better.

Back to Top View makebase's Profile Search for other posts by makebase Visit makebase's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

The Unknowable
Administrator
Administrator

Posted: July 15 2005 at 7:42pm | IP Logged Quote The Unknowable

CD? what's a CD?

the truth is lots of times a stack of CD's is much easier to manage than folders of various mp3's

Back to Top View The Unknowable's Profile Search for other posts by The Unknowable Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version